Changes to requests in the new issue view
We're gradually rolling out the new issue view over the next few months, so don't be concerned if you don't see it yet.
We're making some changes to the issue view, so this page will take you through the most important details. The issue view is something you might look at a few hundred times a day (or more), so it's pretty central to helping you get more done.
We've grouped key actions and information in a logical way, making it easier for you to scan and update requests.
- Quick-add buttons: Link requests and issues, and add content from Atlassian Marketplace apps.
- Watch and more actions: Watch the request, and perform other request actions like move and clone.
- Transition requests: Quickly get from waiting for support to resolved, and any status or workflow step in between.
- Request details: SLAs, request participants, and other information to help describe the request.
- ドッキングされたコメント バー: 常に表示されているため、スクロールすることなくコメントを追加できます。
- Customer request information: Request information entered by customers is organized in one place.
The new issue view has just one screen, where you view, edit, transition, and comment. Click any field you see to edit it inline.
Requests can get busy, and it can be tough to look at everything at once. Click Show more in the details section of the request to reveal empty fields that aren't always shown on the new issue view.
Quick-add for linked issues and apps
The quick-add buttons are a key part of the consistency of the new issue view—they're always there, right under the request summary. Use them to link issues, and add apps from Atlassian Marketplace.
- クイック追加ボタン: ••• ボタンから課題をリンクしたり、Atlassian Marketplace アプリからコンテンツを追加したりします。
No more workflow-step buttons to transition requests—just the status and one place to click to transition a request. Click the status and choose a transition or status to move the request to.
The new docked comment bar is always there. Even with hundreds of comments on a request, it's one click and no scrolling to start your comment.
新しい Atlassian エディター
We're also rolling out a new editor as part of the new issue view, with a cleaner look and markdown support. The editor converts things like links, code, and markdown on-the-fly, so you can paste in your content and let the editor do the work.