This guide is for understanding how to configure user management in Atlassian Applications. System administrators planning a large scale deployment should refer to this guide to ensure their user management is as efficient as possible.
These are the most common questions for administrators starting out with Atlassian applications
The User Management Goals guide answers the following:
- Can I use other technologies for my user directories - Google Apps, OAuth Providers, SAML?
- What are my options in Atlassian Cloud?
- What are some common scenarios for user management?
When deploying Atlassian applications, user management is an important thing to consider. What works best will depend on your environment and goals.
The Best practices for integrating with large directories via LDAP guide includes answers to the following:
- When should I turn on External User Management?
- When should I use a Delegated Directory?
- When should I use a connector?
- When should I use JIRA for centralised User Management?
- When should I use Crowd for centralised User Management?
This section covers how to understand and correctly setup an LDAP directory in your Atlassian Applications.
The LDAP Configuration Guide includes answers to the following:
- Understanding your directory structure
- How strict should my base DN be?
- When should I use a user or group filter?
- Active Directory: When should I disable "Follow Referrals"?
- Active Directory: How do I configure my directory to be writeable form my Atlassian Applications
These are common problems users report - and may be a sign your configuration is not optimal.
The Common User Management Problems page includes answers to the following:
- I have too many users, or not enough users
- Some (or all) users or groups aren't showing up in my application
Configuring your product
See the following guides for more information about configuring your product:
Bitbucket Server (Formerly Stash)
- Integrating Bitbucket Server with LDAP
- Integrating Bitbucket Server with Crowd
- Integrating Bitbucket Server with JIRA
- Managing Bitbucket Server User Directories
- Integrating Confluence with LDAP
- Integrating Confluence with Crowd or JIRA
- Managing Confluence User Directories
FishEye / Crucible
- Integrating Fisheye / Crucible with LDAP
- Integrating Fisheye / Crucible with Crowd or JIRA
- Configuring Fisheye Host Based Authentication
- Managing Fisheye / Crucible User Directories
- Allowing connections to JIRA for User Management
- Integrating JIRA with LDAP
- Integrating JIRA with Crowd or another JIRA
- Managing JIRA User Directories