Troubleshooting the Upgrade
If experiencing problems upgrading by restoring from an XML backup, use the standard upgrade procedure instead.
Confluence runs the upgrade task based on a comparison between build numbers in the
confluence-install directory and the confluence.cfg.xml file in the
confluence-home directory. Therefore, you cannot restore an sql dump from an old version after the upgrade task has run. To handle errors related to this better, vote for CONF-13798.
Confluence 3.5 Upgrade problems
Issues Prior to Confluence 2.8
- Problem: If you are upgrading from a Confluence version 2.2.x or earlier to the latest version of Confluence, you may see an error message such as:
Upgrade failed: com.atlassian.confluence.extra.leftnavigation.LeftNavSettings.
- Problem: An error message like:
'KEYSTORE' table doesn't exist..
- Workaround: Create the KEYSTORE table manually.
- Fix: Refer to CONF-10759.
- Problem: An Null Pointer Exception message occurs in the logs with a stack trace like:
com.atlassian.confluence.security.trust.ConfluenceTrustedApplicationsManager.getAliasForSid. The Server ID is not being created.
- Workaround: Create the Server ID manually.
- Fix: Refer to CONF-10576.
- Problem:Users are unable to log in after an upgrade from a version prior to 2.7.
- Fix: Refer to CONF-10654.
Open JIRA Features and Bug Reports