User cannot insert user macros into the editor after upgrading to Confluence 4.0
- A user macro exists in the admin console but the user cannot insert it through macro Autocomplete or the macro browser
- The user macro definition is incorrect.
- As of Confluence 4.0, all user macros need to have parameters defined and must be "visible to all users" through the admin console.
- As per the Confluence 4.0 FAQ:
- Resources to insert your user macro in the macro browser:
This is an already available function in Confluence 3.4 so you can test your user macros in an older version of Confluence before upgrading to Confluence 4.0