Configuring a job's build artifacts
See Sharing artifacts.
This page describes how to define the artifacts that should be kept from a job's build. For example, you may wish to keep reports, websites or files (e.g. JAR files) generated by a job build.
You can also configure artifact sharing between jobs in a plan. For example, you may want to run acceptance tests on a build, and then share the WAR from one job to another, without rebuilding the WAR each time. See Sharing artifacts.
Define the artifacts to keep for a job
You can specify which artifacts to keep by setting up an artifact definition for the job. The artifacts will be available after each build of a job.
To set up an artifact definition for a job:
- Navigate to the desired job, as described on Configuring jobs.
- Click the Artifacts tab, and then Create Definition.
- Complete the fields on the screen (see screenshot below) and click Create. For example, if you want to keep the latest version of a JAR you have built, you could specify Copy Pattern to be '*/.jar' and the Location to be 'target'.
- The location is relative to the build directory. Do not use the absolute path to refer to the location.
- The copy pattern is relative to the location specified.
- Asterisks are not supported for Location. For this field, provide the folder name where the file would be located.
- If you want to share artifacts with other jobs in the plan, you will need to mark the artifacts as shared. See Sharing artifacts.
Screenshot: Creating an artifact definition
注意Artifacts are copied to a subdirectory (
/JOB_KEY/download-data/) under your 'Build Directory' folder (see Locating important directories and files). Artifacts which you define in the plan are listed in each build result as artifacts (see Viewing a build's artifacts).