Bamboo 5.0 beta 1 Release Notes
14th May 2013
Our first pre-release build of Bamboo 5 is now available. The support for deployment orchestration in the Bamboo 5.x series is our most ambitious endeavor yet. And the feedback we get from you in these next few weeks is absolutely critical in making this the most useful and intuitive Bamboo ever.
What We Need From You
- Download your favorite distribution. Along the way you'll be asked for your email address. This tells us how many people are actually participating vs. how many indicated interest, which helps us plan for future beta programs, and ensures we have an open line of communication with each participant.
- Learn about the benefits that Deployment Projects, the foundation of Bamboo 5.0's new deployment capabilities, have to offer your team.
- Install Bamboo 5.0 and start exploring! You can set up a test instance and import a copy of your Bamboo data (If you need a new license, you can get a evaluation license from my.atlassian.com). We're especially interested in the setup process, so if you remember to note how that goes for you, we'd love to hear about it.
- Look for an initial survey from us about 1-2 days after you download and install. 18 simple questions–should take five minutes or less.
- As you're using the beta, relay your thoughts about things you like or dislike by clicking the "Feedback for Bamboo 5 Beta" button, found at the top of each page.
- Look for a second survey after you've been using the beta for about a week. Once again, shouldn't take too long.
What We'll Provide in Return
- Participants who step through both surveys will get an awesome Bamboo t-shirt.
- Our product manager and user-experience specialist will follow up personally with as many participants as possible to dig deeper into the aspects of Bamboo 5 that you don't love (yet).
- The development team will prioritize their work between now and release time based on your feedback.
- A final release of Bamboo 5.0 tailored for our users, by our users.
- Our eternal gratitude n' stuff
This list is by no means a complete list of changes that will be available in 5.0 and the scheduling of some items may change without notice.
Updates and fixes in Bamboo 4.4.1 (126 issues)