In June 2020, we re-branded Enterprise releases to become Long Term Support releases. Each Long Term Support release will continue to receive the following backports during its standard 2-year support window:
- Critical security bug fixes
- All other security bug fixes, whenever possible
Enterprise releases VS Long Term Support releases
Long Term Support releases were originally named Enterprise releases. We introduced our first Enterprise Releases back in January 2018.
Long Term Support releases are designed specifically for larger, more complex instances – ones that require significant planning and effort to upgrade. We understand that upgrades for such instances can be few and far between, and so every upgrade needs to count. So if you can manage only one feature release upgrade every year, make sure you upgrade to the latest Enterprise release.
Policy and details
We compiled a list of resources to help you understand how Long Term Support releases differ from other Feature releases:
- For details on what security fixes get backported to Long Term Support releases, see Security Bug Fix Policy .
- Some bug fixes can also be backported: for related details, see Atlassian Server Bug Fix Policy.
- To learn the differences between each type of release, see Release terminology and Enterprise releases.
- There's also a brief overview of Enterprise releases on this blog post from our Head of Product. You can also post your questions and comments on this community post .