Team Calendars 2.2 Release Notes
10 May 2012The Atlassian Team Calendars team is pleased to announce the release of Team Calendars 2.2. This release introduces GreenHopper integration as well as lots of small improvements.
- Thank you for all your issues and votes.
- Below is a list of highlights for this release
- Also see our complete list of issues resolved.
Visualize GreenHopper sprints on your Team Calendar
For teams using GreenHopper for agile planning, we've made planning sprints easier with the ability to embed your GreenHopper sprints on your calendar. When creating a new JIRA calendar you'll see a "Sprints" option to show:
Doing this allows you to quickly see how your team leave and travel plans could affect your sprint planning:
If a sprint is complete, "View Sprint" will take you straight to the retrospective report. Otherwise, if the sprint is in progress or yet to be planned, you will be taken to the corresponding planning board in GreenHopper.
Event dialog design improvements
Our event dialogs for month and week views have had a visual refresh. Notable improvements:
- Events now display the "where" field if it's set
- Font is larger and easier to read
- Better handling of long event descriptions
- All event dialogs are consistant (previously dashboard styling was different to month and week views)
Preventing accidental calendar deletes
We've improved this experience of removing a calendar by just moving to one "Remove" menu option (previously, we had "Remove" and "Delete" which caused some confusion).
From there, users are prompted with what they would like to do. We've made the default selection the safe option!
Ability to disable private URLs
Team Calendars 1.8 allowed users to securely subscribe to Team Calendars from an email client without having to login. This was required for Google Calendar integration. Since then, we've had feedback from some large organizations that their company policy prevents them from doing this.
So we've given admins the ability to disable private URL's in the Team Calendars configuration screen (accessible through the Confluence admin console). If this feature is disabled, users can still subscribe to their calendars through basic authentication.
- GreenHopper integration features require GreenHopper 5.9.7 or higher
- Important notice: This is our last feature release for Confluence 3.5.x. Only critical bug fixes will be ported back to Team Calendars 2.2.x.
Our upcoming Team Calendars 2.3 release and subsequent releases will require require Confluence 4.0.
Please watch the Team Calendars Release Notes to stay updated of any announcements.
- Big thanks to David Corley for the private URL setting suggestion
Upgrading to Team Calendars 2.2
Upgrading from a previous version of Team Calendars is straightforward. We recommend that you back up your Confluence database (which includes Team Calendars data) before upgrading.
- In Confluence, simply click 'Upgrade' in the Team Calendars entry of the Plugin Administration screen.
Alternatively, download the latest release from our plugin exchange and install it via the Plugin Administration screen. This should upgrade Team Calendars to 2.2.0 (or higher).
- Please note: If you wish to use the GreenHopper integration, you will need to upgrade GreenHopper 5.9.7 or higher