Both old and new directory exist
After starting Stash, you see the following error:
A fatal error has occurred
The following problem occurred which prevents Atlassian Stash from starting correctly:
- The Stash home directory could not be upgraded automatically.
- Both old '/data/stash-home/config' and new '/data/stash-home/shared/config' exist.
- Both old '/data/stash-home/data' and new '/data/stash-home/shared/data' exist.
- Both old '/data/stash-home/plugins/installed-plugins' and new '/data/stash-home/shared/plugins/installed-plugins' exist.
- Both old '/data/stash-home/data/repositories' and new '/data/stash-home/shared/data/repositories' exist.
Please refer to Both old and new directory exist for more information
In Stash 3.2, the following file and directories originally located in the root directory of
STASH_HOME were moved to a new directory
|Before Stash 3.2
If you encounter this message it means:
- A version of Stash older than 3.2 (doesn't matter which version) pointing to
STASH_HOMEwith the "old" directory structure was running in the server.
- A new version of Stash (3.2+) was installed which used the existing
STASH_HOME. The instance started correctly and the
STASH_HOMEdirectory structure was upgraded.
- Stash was re-started but the older binary (before 3.2) was used. This older version of Stash was unable to find the expected directory structure in
STASH_HOMEand so it recreated it. Stash looked like a fresh / blank installation.
- Stash 3.2+ was started and if found both the old and the new directory structure in
STASH_HOME. An error page was displayed to inform that the
STASH_HOMEneeds to be fixed.