Imagine you're helping a customer resolve an issue over the phone. You take down the details of their request and need to follow up. You can use the customer portal to raise a request by filling in the request details there.
If you don't need to create a request, you can invite customers to your service desk so they know how to get help. Learn how to add a customer.
To raise a customer request:
- From your service desk project, select Raise a request.
- In the Raise this request on behalf of field, enter a new customer's email address, or search for an existing customer.
- Fill in the request details. If the customer is in an organization, you can choose to share the request or keep it private:
- Select Send. Your customer is emailed a link to the new request. New customers also receive an invitation to finish creating a service desk account.
Add a customer
To add customers:
- From your service desk project, go to Customers.
- Click Add customers to add customers to your project.