Crucible 2.9 release notes
2012 年 11 月 14 日
With great pleasure, Atlassian presents Crucible 2.9, which introduces the best JIRA integration we have ever built.
- See the change log for Crucible 2.9.x minor releases.
- Visit our issue tracker to see the full list of improvements and bug fixes in Crucible and FishEye for this release.
- Upgrading from a previous version of Crucible. Upgrading Crucible should be fairly straight forward. We strongly recommend that you back up Crucible before upgrading. Please refer to the Crucible 2.9 Upgrade Guide for further essential information about your upgrade.
- Known Issues. Please check the important technical advisories on the front page of the Knowledge Base for information about any known issues for this release.
- JIRA 5.0 integration. The features described below are supported by JIRA 5.0, or later, with the latest version of the JIRA FishEye plugin .
Please log your votes and issues . They help us decide what needs doing, and are much appreciated!
Simpler JIRA integration
With Crucible 2.9, linking your instance to JIRA is as simple as Plug & Play. As soon as you create an Application Link between your JIRA server and your Crucible instance, you get all the power of the JIRA / Crucible integration:
- See in JIRA the list of reviews corresponding to a specific issue
- Navigate to the related review from your issue page
- Get the JIRA data corresponding to issues mentioned in your review comments, titles and objectives
You no longer need to create and maintain multiple links between projects in JIRA and projects in Crucible. Maintaining your JIRA / Crucible integration has never been simpler! More...
Better performance of the Reviews tab in JIRA
When we changed the implementation of the Crucible / JIRA integration we also improved the performance of the Reviews Tab display in JIRA. You will see your reviews in JIRA faster, even without having to create any links between your JIRA project and your Crucible repositories. In other words, with Crucible 2.9 you spend less time administering your instance, while your users get all the relevant content in JIRA in a better way than before.
Faster review creation for large teams
Crucible is a tool that is built to help organizations and distributed teams perform code reviews. When you have large teams you can find that you always have a large number of reviews waiting to be closed. Prior to Crucible 2.9, this could slow down the review creation process because Crucible looked for other reviews where changesets might have been included.
With Crucible 2.9 we have removed the Suggested Reviews step during review creation. Not only does this accelerate the process, but it also ensures that performance of the whole Crucible instance is not impacted by a single process. The chart below shows the performance improvement we have seen from this modification.
- Suggested reviews removed
As described above, we have removed the suggested reviews step during review creation, to improve Crucible performance and to ensure that review creation never interferes with the responsiveness of your Crucible instance.
- Remote API setting always on
We have removed the Remote API setting from the Server Settings page. From this release onwards, Remote APIs are always accessible, which helps to make the JIRA integration straightforward.
- Changes to the JIRA settings dialog
- Allow Time Tracking Submission is no longer a configurable option. Users are always able to submit time for their reviews when the JIRA integration is set up.
- We have simplified permissions by removing the Disable for Unmapped Projects setting. All permissions to view the reviews tab are now controlled by the Project permission settings in JIRA.
- Force Project Mappings has been removed as part of simplifying the JIRA FishEye Plugin behavior. Project links are respected, and act as restrictions on the integration.
- Max review age is now only applied to versions of Crucible prior to 2.9.0.
- Changes to the diff view in reviews
In order to facilitate the review process and give a clearer interface to see all the modifications and comments on a particular file we are now showing one file at a time in the reviews. You can use the file tree or the keyboard shortcuts to navigate between files.
hidden text to maintain the column width
The Crucible 2.9 team
hidden text to maintain the column width
Piotr Święty Święcicki
Kah Loun Foong