Confluence 4.2 アップグレード ノート
Below are some important notes on upgrading to Confluence 4.2. For details of the new features and improvements in this release, please read the Confluence 4.2 Release Notes.
Checking for compatible plugins before upgrading
Before upgrading to Confluence 4.2, please consider the plugins that are essential for your installation, and use the plugin upgrade check to see whether there is a compatible version of those plugins available for Confluence 4.2.
Disabling notification of signups
This release includes an automatic notification, sent by email to all administrators, each time someone signs up to the Confluence site. This notification is part of the feature that allows you to invite people to sign up via a URL, and to set your signup mode to public or private. See the documentation.
The notification is enabled by default on the first upgrade to Confluence 4.1.9 or later. If you are upgrading to Confluence 4.2 from Confluence 4.1.7 or earlier, you may want to disable the notification after upgrading, especially if you allow public signup and are expecting a large number of signups.
To disable the notification:
The email notification includes a link to change notification settings. Alternatively, follow these steps:
- Click Add Users on the dashboard.
Or take the longer route: Choose the cog icon Click Users > Add User. , then choose General Configuration
- Remove the tick from Notify administrators when users sign up.
Confluence now sends a regular email report to subscribers, containing the top content that is relevant to the person receiving the message. By default Confluence will send a weekly update to all users, except under these conditions:
- If you have public signup enabled, the Recommended Updates email notification is turned off by default.
- If you are connected to LDAP and a user has never logged in to Confluence, that user will not receive the Recommended Updates notification.
Due to a bug in Confluence 4.2, 4.2.1 and 4.2.2, the Recommended Updates email notification may be sent to all LDAP Confluence users, whether they have logged in or not. The problem is tracked on this issue: - CONF-25213Getting issue details... STATUS The problem will be fixed in Confluence 4.2.3. Until then, you may wish to disable the notification as described in the next paragraph, if your Confluence site is connected to a large LDAP user base.
You can turn off the Recommended Updates notification, or change its settings for the site. See Configuring the Recommended Updates Email Notification. Confluence users can choose their personal settings, which will override the defaults. See Email Notifications.
Disabling the new 'Popular' tab on the dashboard
In some environments, you may prefer not to display the new 'Popular' tab on the dashboard. For example, if your wiki allows only a small group of people to log in and contribute content or comments. Then the tab may not be relevant to you.
To prevent the tab from appearing, you can disable the relevant plugin module. You need System Administrator permissions to do this. Go to the Dashboard Macros plugin (see Configuring apps ), click Manage plugin modules and disable the Popular Tab module.
Advance notice: End of support for DB2 in Confluence 4.3
We are planning to end support for DB2 in Confluence 4.3. See End of Support Announcements for Confluence.
Advance notice: Removal of JIRA Portlet macro in Confluence 4.3
The JIRA Portlet macro, for JIRA 3.x and earlier, allows you to display a on a Confluence page. Gadgets replaced portlets in JIRA 4.0 and Confluence 3.1.
In Confluence 4.1 and 4.2, it is no longer possible to add avia the Confluence macro browser. It is still possible to add the macro using wiki markup or by copying an existing JIRA Portlet macro. The macro still displays information correctly.
In Confluence 4.3, we will remove the JIRA Portlet macro from Confluence. Pages that contain the macro will no longer display information drawn from JIRA. Instead, they will show an error reporting that the macro does not exist. To prevent this behavior, please upgrade to a version of JIRA that supports gadgets, and follow the instructions in How to migrate from JIRA Issues and JIRA portlets to gadgets.
Advance notice: End of support for PostgreSQL 8.2 in Confluence 4.3
Update added on 1 May 2012: We are planning to end support for version 8.2 of PostgreSQL in Confluence 4.3. See End of Support Announcements for Confluence.
電子メールは HTML 形式のみ利用可能となりました。これによって、画像や書式設定したコンテンツ（変更内容や更新されたページまたはブログ投稿の完全なコンテンツなど）の表示が可能になりました。
Upgrade a test environment first
As always, please test your upgrades in your test environment before rolling into production.
If you are already running a version of Confluence, please follow these instructions to upgrade to the latest version:
- Before you upgrade, we strongly recommend that you back up your Confluence Home and other important directories and database. See the documentation on backing up your Confluence site. If you are using an external database, perform a database backup.
- If your version of Confluence is earlier than 3.5, then you must upgrade to Confluence 3.5.x before upgrading to Confluence 4.x. There are several reasons for this:
- There were major changes to user management and LDAP in Confluence 3.5.
- From version 3.5, you will be able to use our new automated installer / upgrader to move to 4.0. The Confluence 4.0 installer does not support upgrading from Confluence versions earlier than 3.5.
- We recommend that you fix any issues arising from the upgrade to version 3.5.x, separately from those that may arise from upgrading to version 4.x. Please contact Atlassian Support for assistance.
- Please read the Upgrade Notes Overview and the upgrade notes for each version of Confluence listed on that page. (There are hyperlinks to each one.)
If you are upgrading from 2.2 or earlier, you will need to upgrade to Confluence 2.7.x first, confirm the upgrade was successful, then upgrade from version 2.7.x to version 3.5.x, then upgrade to the latest version. For more details, please refer to CONF-11767.
If your site contains links to a file system (for example [\\\C:\Foo\Bar\foobarpreso.ppt] these may break when upgrading to Confluence 4.2.x. We recommend that you upgrade directly to Confluence 5.0.3. Refer to - CONF-23575Getting issue details... STATUS for more details.
- Download the latest version of Confluence.
- Follow the instructions in the Upgrade Guide.
Checking for Other Known Issues and Troubleshooting the Confluence Upgrade
Confluence インストールのアップグレードに必要な手順が完了したら、「Confluence のアップグレード後のチェックリスト」のすべての項目を確認し、すべてが期待どおりに動作していることを確認します。適切に動作していないところがあれば、既知の Confluence の問題を確認し、以下に記載されているアップグレードのトラブルシューティングを試してください。
- 既知の問題を確認してください。Confluence のリリース後にその最新バージョンで問題が見つかる場合があります。そのような場合、既知の問題に関する情報を Confluence ナレッジベースで公開します。
- コミュニティで回答を確認してください。他のユーザーに同じ問題が発生している可能性があります。Atlassian Answers のコミュニティから回答を確認することができます。
- Confluence のアップグレード中に問題が発生しましたか?Confluence ナレッジベースで、アップグレードのトラブルシューティングを行うガイドを参照してください。
- If you encounter a problem during the upgrade and cannot solve it, please create a support ticket and one of our support engineers will help you.