Crowd Data Center のパフォーマンス テストの例
- Under a high authentication requests load, Crowd Data Center has improved performance overall.
- Specific actions show varying improvement in response times. For details, see Testing results for specific actions.
- You might observe a different trend/behavior based on your configuration and usage. For details, see What we tested.
Our load tests were all run on the same set of isolated Amazon EC2 instances. For each test, the entire environment was reset and rebuilt. The testing environment included installing the following components:
- ELB load balancer
- PostgreSQL database with the required data
- Crowd Data Center on one, two, or four machines as required for a specific test
- Open-source Load & Performance Testing Tool for simulating user authentication against Crowd deployed on one machine, required to generate the load for specific tests
To run the tests, we used the Open-Source Load & Performance Testing to generate user authentication requests load, and to measure the number of successful requests that were handled by Crowd. Each test was run for 3 minutes, after which statistics were collected.
- All tests used the same PostgreSQL database with 10,000 users.
- All users were stored in the Crowd's internal directory.
- Authentication requests were selected for this test as they represent the most common user actions in Crowd.
All performance tests were run on the same set of isolated Amazon EC2 instances with the following hardware.
|EC2 class||ハードウェア||No. of instances|
Up to 4, depending on the test.
ハードウェア テスト メモ：
- The tested Crowd instances used default settings and JVM options.
- During the tests, we didn't observe high CPU or IO load on either the database or load balancer servers.
- The testing tool and servers were in different locations to resemble the actual setup.
Testing results for user authentication
The following table shows the average throughput of authentication requests for each Crowd configuration:
- Crowd Server (one node)
- Crowd Data Center (two nodes)
- Crowd Data Center (three nodes)
- Crowd Data Center (four nodes)
|テスト||Crowd Server||2 nodes||3 nodes||4 nodes|
|Number of requests handled per second||38||86||115||140|