Diagnostics for third-party apps
Administering Bitbucket Server
- Users and groups
- 外部ユーザー ディレクトリ
- Setting up your mail server
- Integrating Bitbucket Server with Atlassian applications
- Connecting Bitbucket Server to an external database
- Migrating Bitbucket Server to another server
- Specifying the base URL for Bitbucket Server
- Configuring the application navigator
- Audit logging in Bitbucket Server
- Running Bitbucket Server as a Windows service
- Updating your Bitbucket Server license details
- Bitbucket Server config properties
- Bitbucket サーバーを異なるコンテキスト パスに移動する
- Data recovery and backups
- Disabling HTTP(S) access to Git repositories in Bitbucket Server
- スマート ミラーリング
- Git Large File Storage
- Enabling SSH access to Git repositories in Bitbucket Server
- Using diff transcoding in Bitbucket Server
- Changing the port that Bitbucket Server listens on
- Lockout recovery process
- Proxying and securing Bitbucket Server
- High availability for Bitbucket Server
- Enabling JMX counters for performance monitoring
- Bitbucket Server debug logging
- Bitbucket Server の拡張
- Getting started with Bitbucket Server and AWS
- Add shortcut links to a Bitbucket Server repository
- Data Center Migration
- Git Virtual File System (GVFS)
- Diagnostics for third-party apps
- Administer code search
The diagnostics tool displays a summary of the alerts that have been raised on the instance in the past 30 days, grouped by issue and app combination.
There are three levels of severity:
- Error: a serious problem has occurred that impacts system stability and/or availability
- Warning: an issue has been detected that impacts performance or can lead to more serious problems in the future
- Info: something worth noting has happened.
The alerts can be filtered by severity, component, app, node and time.
The alert details page is accessed by clicking into an alert, and displays individual alerts for the selected issue and app combination.
When many alerts are raised in a short time window, just one representative alert is displayed per 1 minute window.
Clicking Show displays information relating to the issue, that was collected when the alert was raised.
You can also set up alerts using JMX metric details.