The following custom field types are supported:
- date picker
- user picker (single user)
- Number (番号)
- radio button
- single-choice select
- multiple-choice select
- single-line text
- URL (read-only)
Any custom fields that have been added by a third-party plugin are also supported as long as they are of the above types.
Adding custom fields to a plan
- In your plan, click settings () > Configure > Custom fields. The Custom fields page will display the fields that are already added to your plan, or will prompt you to add a custom field if no fields have been added yet.
- [カスタム フィールドの追加] を選択します。
- Find and select the checkbox for the custom fields that you want to add to your plan. You can add multiple custom fields.
- Click the add button.
- To remove a custom field, click the delete icon next to the custom field. Any unsaved changes that correspond to this field will also be removed from your plan. Note that you won't be able to delete any date picker custom field that's being used to schedule issues in the plan. See Scheduling for more details.
- When searching for a custom field, you can click the Hide unsupported fields checkbox to further narrow down your search.
Notes when using custom fields
- Even if you can view all the custom fields that are available in Jira Software, you can only add supported custom field types to your plan. See Adding a custom field and Configuring a custom field to know more about managing custom fields.
- When using label custom field types in a plan, you can only select existing labels from Jira Software. If you need to create a new label, you must do it in Jira Software.
- Sometimes, a custom field is not supported for the issue types or projects in the plan. If this is the case, and you set a value for this custom field in the plan, you may not be able to save this change in Jira Software. If you need this change to be saved, ask your Jira Software admin to make sure the issue type and project of the corresponding issue are supported.
- There may be times when the options for a custom field (for example, checkbox fields or multiple-choice select fields) will not load in your plan. This happens if you're trying to choose an option for an issue that you have not saved in Jira Software just yet. You'll need to save the issue to Jira Software first, to make the options load in your plan.