The following custom field types are supported:
- single-line text fields
- single-choice select fields
- multiple-choice select fields
- date picker fields
- number fields
Even if you can view all the custom fields that are available in your Jira instance, you can only add the supported custom fields types to your plan. See Adding a custom field and Configuring a custom field to know more about managing custom fields in Jira.
To add custom fields to a plan:
- In your plan, click settings () > Configure > Custom fields. The Custom fields page will display the fields that are already added to your plan, or will prompt you to add a custom field if no fields have been added yet.
- Click Add custom field.
- Find and select the checkbox for the custom fields that you want to add to your plan. You can also choose to add multiple custom fields.
- Click the add button. The fields will be added to the list in the Custom fields page.
- You can also remove a custom field from your plan. In the Custom fields page, click the delete icon next to the custom field. Any unsaved changes that correspond to this field will also be removed from your plan.
- When searching for a custom field, you can click the Hide unsupported fields checkbox to further narrow down your search.