The auditing feature tracks key activities in Jira products. These activities are recorded in an audit log that can be viewed in the Jira administration console. This can be a handy tool in helping you diagnose problems in Jira products or used for security and compliance purposes.
The audit log is not new in Jira. However, in the 8.8 release, it's getting a complete makeover with new look and feel and plenty of new features.
Auditing in Jira 8.8
With the new audit log, admins can do the following:
- decide what they want to audit by switching off logging from specific coverage areas
- decide in detail how long they want to retain their logs in the database
- monitor events in a clear and organized way
- filter and export events
- integrate with external log management tools DATA CENTER
- decide how many events they want to receive by choosing coverage levels Advanced and Full DATA CENTER
- delegated their work and have project admins view audit log per project DATA CENTER
Auditing in Jira Server and Data Center
The functionality will differ between Jira Server and Jira Data Center.
Jira Data Center
(Data Center よりも少ない)
(Only Base and Off are available)
Storing log file in two locations (database and local home directory)
最新の 10 万件の結果のエクスポート
Exporting filtered results (up to 100k)
|Project admin access to project audit log|
The feature has not changed any of the existing REST API but a few new endpoints have been created. For a complete list, see here.