Upgrading from GreenHopper 5.2 to 5.3
Please follow the upgrade instructions in the GreenHopper Installation and Upgrade Guide, plus note the following:
- GreenHopper 5.3 is only compatible with JIRA 4.2.x
- Please read the JIRA 4.2 Upgrade Guide, paying particular attention to the Time-Tracking changes.
- GreenHopper now uses the JIRA transition screen when resolving an issue, instead of the GreenHopper "Resolve Issue" dialog box which was used previously. This means that:
- The "Set the remaining estimate to 0 hours" check-box (which appeared on the GreenHopper "Resolve Issue" dialog box) no longer exists. If you wish to retain this functionality, please ensure that the JIRA "Log Work" field is present on your JIRA transition screen.
- When resolving an issue on which no time has been spent, the automatic logging of 1 minute of work will no longer occur (as this was triggered via the "Set the remaining estimate to 0 hours" check-box on the GreenHopper "Resolve Issue" dialog box).
We have identified an issue with JIRA's handling of keyboard shortcuts, which impacts the following two-key shortcuts in GreenHopper as follows:
- When going to the Planning Board (by typing 'g' then 'a'), if any item was selected and you had permission to assign it, the dialog box for assigning it in JIRA (i.e. typing 'a' alone) pops open briefly and then closes.
- When going to the Task Board (by typing 'g' then 't'), any currently selected item toggles to the Card or List View (i.e. typing 't' alone).
- When going to the Chart Board (by typing 'g' then 'c'), the dialog box for creating a GreenHopper issue (i.e. typing 'c' alone) pops open briefly and then closes.
This JIRA-specific issue has been logged in our public JIRA site as JRA-22505.
Upgrading from GreenHopper 5.1 or earlier
In addition to the above, please read the GreenHopper 5.2 Upgrade Guide and the Upgrade Guide for every version you are skipping during the upgrade. The complete list of Upgrade Guides is available here.