Below are some important notes on upgrading to Crucible 2.7. For details of the new features and improvements in this release, please read the Crucible 2.7 Release Notes.
Crucible Confluence LightSCM Plugin has Been Removed from Crucible
Previously, Crucible shipped with a plugin to enable reviews against content in Confluence. Since Confluence 4's new editor will no longer support wiki markup, this plugin has been deprecated. The Crucible plugin source as well as the source for the Confluence SCM plugin will remain open-source and are available via the Plugin Exchange at the following locations:
- Crucible 2.7 adds ActiveObjects support
ActiveObjects allows plugins to store configuration data in the database. Please note, any already scheduled backups will not have plugin data included during backups. Please modify your scheduled backup configuration appropriately to include ActiveObjects backups.
Confluence has a number of free and commercially available review and workflow plugins. We recommend taking take a look at these, to implement a smooth review process for Confluence pages.
- Test your upgrades in your test environment before rolling into production.
- Back up your entire Crucible instance (see Backing up and restoring Crucible data), i.e.
- If you are backing up your Crucible instance via the Admin interface, tick all of the 'Include' checkboxes (e.g. plugins, templates, uploads, SQL database, etc).
- If you are backing up your Crucible instance using the command-line interface, do not use any exclusion options.
If you are already running a version of Crucible, please refer to the Crucible upgrade guide.
Checking for Known Issues and Troubleshooting the Crucible Upgrade
If something is not working correctly after you have completed the steps above to upgrade your Crucible installation, please check for known Crucible issues and try troubleshooting your upgrade as described below:
- Check for known issues. Sometimes Atlassian finds out about a problem with the latest version of Crucible after the software is released. In such cases we publish information about the known issues in the Crucible Knowledge Base. Please check the Crucible 2.7 Known Issues in the Crucible Knowledge Base and follow the instructions to apply any necessary patches if necessary.
- Did you encounter a problem during the Crucible upgrade? Please refer to the guide to troubleshooting upgrades in the Crucible Knowledge Base.
- If you encounter a problem during the upgrade and cannot solve it, please create a support ticket and one of our support engineers will help you.