4. Enable the improved interface in a plan
The following steps are written with the assumption that you've already migrated your classic plan data to a live plan. If you haven't done this yet, go back to the previous step, or read this page for more details on the migration process.
Now that you've created a live plan, you can easily switch over to the improved interface.
- Go to your plan via Portfolio (in header) > View Portfolio > click your plan.
- Click more (
- Click Enable improved interface to switch on the new interface for your plan.
See Setting up the planning environment for more details
Reconfiguring missing data
You might have missed some data along the migration process. Go over the following checklist to reconfigure your previous setup:
- Initiative ↔ epic relationships
- Themes: We suggest you color the issues in your plan by label, to replace the usage of themes. Coloring issues by label provides similar visual value as themes.
- Team data: Teams and team members
- Configurations of your plan
- Sprint assignment: Only sprints that exist in Jira are assignable. Make sure to create sprints in your Scrum backlog, so they're assignable from Portfolio.
Note that team members are no longer available in the improved interface. Instead, we're now using assignees, which can be directly set in either Jira or Portfolio for Jira.
If you're having problems or need additional help migrating from classic plans, please visit our Support section and create a support request.