Missing fields for mapping when importing issues through CSV in Jira
When importing issues through a CSV file into Jira, on the field mapping screen, the user can't find a certain field to map because it is not shown on the drop-down list.
On the field mapping screen, the user can't map the field Issue Type because it is not shown on the drop-down list.
All versions of Jira Core 7.x and 8.x
- The expected field is not mapped in the Field Mapping step of CSV import.
- When trying to manually create the record through Jira's "Create" button on the header, such fields are also not present in the creation screen.
A) The missing fields are not present in the respective Create Issue Screen for that issue type in that project.
B) The field is one of the banned fields for bulk create issues:
- Issue Links
- カスタム フィールド
- Last Viewed
A and B happen only when importing using the Issues > Import Issues from CSV path. The fields should show up normally in Administration > System > External System Import > CSV.
C) If the CSV import file has two columns with the same title (this can happen for fields that accept multiple values), the importer screen will limit the fields available to only those that can accept multiple values (such as labels, affected versions, Components, etc)
A) Missing fields in create screen
- Go into the respective project administration screen
- Click on the project's Screen Scheme
- For all affected issue types, edit their respective Create Issue Screen and add the missing fields
- Import the CSV using Administration > System > External System Import > CSV
B) Banned field
Request an admin to import the CSV or don't import those fields.
C) Duplicate columns in CSV file
You can either select a field that can accept multiple values, or alternatively, you could rename one of the columns in the CSV file before importing it in order to place that data into a different field.