Configure a custom event notification for a Jira server workflow transition or status
プラットフォームについて: Server と Data Center のみ - この記事は、サーバーおよびデータセンター プラットフォームのアトラシアン製品にのみ適用されます。
Adding a custom event so that it triggers for a specific workflow transition. Include this custom event in the notification scheme so that a notification will be sent out when the custom event is triggered in the transition's post function.
In a project planning process, a proposed idea will need to be reviewed by the project manager. The project manager then decides whether to finalize the planning or if it still needs to be revised. In this case, every time the task is transitioned to the "Revising" status, an email will have to be sent out to notify the project manager group.
Create the custom event
- Log in as a user with JIRA Administrator permission.
- Click > System, find Events under the category Advanced at the left.
Add the Name and Description for the custom event at the Add New Event form at the bottom of the page.
- For Template field, select Generic Event
- The click Add.
Include the Custom Event in Notification Scheme
- You will still need JIRA Administrator permission to configure the Notification Scheme.
- Click > Issues, find Notifications Schemes at the left.
- Click at the notification scheme's name that you would like to edit.
You will find the custom event Revising created just now in the notification scheme.
Click Add to add the project manager group for the custom event Revising.
Now add the custom event to workflow transition's post function
- Click > Issues, find Workflows under the Workflows category at the left.
- Click the Edit link for the workflow you need to configure.
Select the Revise transition then select Post Functions in the dialog at the right.
Hover over the post function "Fire a Generic Event event that can be processed by the listeners." then click the pencil icon to edit the post function. Change the Generic Event to Revising Event then Update, then publish the workflow.