Upgrading from GreenHopper 5.5 to 5.6
Please follow the upgrade instructions in the GreenHopper Installation and Upgrade Guide, plus note the following:
- GreenHopper 5.6 is only compatible with JIRA 4.3.x
- The GreenHopper Release Notes functionality now redirects to the JIRA Release Notes.
- 'Auto Refresh' has been removed from the GreenHopper Boards, as this functionality has been superseded — GreenHopper now includes multiple gadgets which provide Auto Refresh. If you were using the Auto Refresh you may wish to switch to the Auto Refresh Plus Chrome extension.
- As previously announced, the JIRA Iframe for viewing and editing issues was removed in GreenHopper 5.5. (Please also see our forum announcement). In GreenHopper 5.3, however, keyboard shortcuts were introduced along with the Operations dialog box to allow quick navigation and faster ways to work with issues and edit them. You can also 'middle-click' on a GreenHopper card's issue key to open the JIRA View Issue page for that issue in a new browser tab. The Operations dialog box allows quick access to many actions that would have previously needed a 'round-trip' to JIRA (via the old JIRA Iframe or a browser page).
- The 'Assign To Me' icon is no longer available from cards on GreenHopper boards. However, this function is easily available from the Operations dialog box. See Using Keyboard Shortcuts for more information.
- The ability to disable or enable column views on the Task Board is now restricted to the 'Views' drop-down menu only. Previously, you could also disable a column view from that column's cog icon (on the Task Board).
Upgrading from GreenHopper 5.4 or earlier
In addition to the above, please read the GreenHopper 5.5 Upgrade Guide and the Upgrade Guide for every version you are skipping during the upgrade. The complete list of Upgrade Guides is available here.