Unable to start up Confluence
Confluence unable to start.
Fatal error during startup sequence: confluence.lifecycle.core:pluginframeworkdependentupgrades (Run all the upgrades that require the plugin framework to be available) - com.atlassian.confluence.content.render.xhtml.migration.exceptions.MigrationException: com.atlassian.applinks.host.OsgiServiceProxyFactory$ServiceTimeoutExceeded: Timeout exceeded waiting for service - com.atlassian.applinks.spi.link.MutatingApplicationLinkService
There are few possible causes to this behaviour:
- Multiple copies of Applinks and/or plugin JARs are present in your installation. These JARs can be checked under the following directories:
- The application initialises slowly and the plugin start up times-out
- A corrupt plugin JAR cache exist
- An unsupported version of Java has recently been installed
According to the possible causes the following resolutions are suggested:
- Remove Duplicate JAR Files
Remove the multiple copies of plugin JARs from under the following directories ensuring that there is only a single copy of each under the <Confluence-Installation-Directory>/confluence/WEB-INF/atlassian-bundled-plugins folder:
Increase the JAR Timeout Threshold
The default plugin timeout is 60 seconds. Increase the timeout by providing the following additional JVM parameter via the environment variable
JAVA_OPTS.See Configuring System Properties for tips on how to set an environment variable.
- Remove Corrupt JAR Cache
Delete the following plugin cache folders and restart Confluence:
4. Ensure Correct Java Version Is Referenced By Confluence
Ensure that an appropriate Java JVM is installed. See Supported Platforms for more information.