How to configure your Clover license
Clover has been open-sourced and it's no longer possible to generate new evaluation licences. The following instruction is applicable for customers who obtained a license key (commercial, academic or community one) prior to open-sourcing Clover. In such case the license can downloaded from my.atlassian.com.
Configuring your Clover license
This page contains instructions for configuring the license file in all versions of Clover.
Installing a license for Clover-for-Ant
- To configure your clover.license file, do one of the following:
- Place your clover.license file in CLOVER_HOME/lib; or
- Place the license file on the Java Classpath that will be used to run Clover; or
- Place the license file on the file system somewhere, and then set the Java System Property clover.license.path to the absolute path of the license file.
- If you are not finished, carry on with the Clover-for-Ant installation. Enjoy using Clover.
Installing a license for the Clover-for-Maven plugin
Configure your license. You can either:
add it in your .m2/settings.xml file (so that it will become available for all projects running on a given machine):
<profiles> <profile> <id>my-clover-profile</id> <activation> <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault> </activation> <properties> <!-- You can define the path to a license file: --> <maven.clover.licenseLocation>/path/to/clover.license</maven.clover.licenseLocation> <!-- Or you can embed license key (remember to keep newline characters): --> <maven.clover.license><![CDATA[ ... ]]></maven.clover.license> </properties> </profile> </profiles>
or add it in your pom.xml file:
<build> <plugins> <plugin> <groupId>com.atlassian.maven.plugins</groupId> <artifactId>maven-clover2-plugin</artifactId> <configuration> <!-- Define a path to a license file: --> <licenseLocation>/path/to/clover.license</licenseLocation> <!-- Or embed a license key (remember to keep newline characters): --> <license><![CDATA[ ... ]]></license> </configuration> </plugin> </plugins> </build>
- If you are not finished, carry on with the Clover-for-Maven configuration. Enjoy using Clover.
Installing a license for the Clover-for-Eclipse plug-in
- Open your valid trial, purchased or Open Source license file for Clover.
- Within Eclipse, select from the menu "Window | Preferences" and click on Clover > License.
- Paste the contents of your license file into the license text area or select your license file by clicking "Load...".
- Click Apply. The license summary should now display status, type and message consistent with the type of license you entered.
- Click OK to close the window.
- If you are not finished, carry on with the Clover-for-Eclipse Installation. Enjoy using Clover.
Installing a license for the Clover-for-IDEA plug-in
- Open the Clover license dialog in IDEA. Go to 'File > Settings > IDE Settings > Clover License'. Click 'Load' and select the 'clover.license' file you just downloaded. Close the window.
- You're ready to use Clover-for-IDEA. See Clover-for-IDEA User's Guide to learn Clover's features.