JIRA Calendar Plugin
The JIRA Calendar Plugin shows issues and versions in a calendar format based on their due date. Calendars can be based on a filter or on a project. It is developed and maintained by Atlassian.
The calendar can be viewed in two formats:
- HTML - as a portlet
- ICal - as an ICal file that can be viewed in any iCal file viewer
The plug-in consists of the following components:
- Calendar Portlet - A portlet for displaying the Calendar in HTML format in one of the user's portal pages. Calendars can be based on a filter or a project.
- Calendar Gadget (since 1.10) - A gadget which provides the same functionalities as the Calendar Portlet, but with all the goodness of a Gadget.
- HTML Calendar Servlet - This servlet returns HTML fragments for the Calendar Portlet. This lets the Portlet switch between months without reloading the whole page.
- ICal Calendar Servlet - This servlet is responsible for serving theICalformat files. There is a link to this servlet provided in the Calendar Portlet.
The Calendar Portlet remembers which month was being browsed and saves it in the session. This means that, for example, when you return to your dashboard the Calendar Portlet will continue to show the month you were browsing when you last visited the dashboard this session.
- Install the plugin using the Universal Plugin Manager (UPM) or downloading the .jar file from Atlassian Marketplace and saving it in the directory
<JIRA home directory>/plugins/installed-plugins/
You must restart JIRA after this step, before the next!
- Now you can add new calendar portlets to your Dashboard, or view calendars from any projects Browse Project page.