Accented characters not displaying correctly in Jira server
- The special characters as in French or German are not display and parse to Database correctly. For example, during the issue creation or other request via REST API.
- Some gadget name that has the special character also not displayed correctly. For example, "Filtres préféré" is shown as "Filteres pr?f?r?"
- Right click on the action that you want to perform then open the dialog box in a new table and perform the action to check whether the character encoding is correct.
- Double check whether the setting "webwork.i18n.encoding" in the system information had been correctly set to UTF-8.
The webwork action is actually using the encoding setting of "webwork.i18n.encoding" rather than the setting 'URIEncoding=UTF-8' and '-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8' in the JVM parameters, and it will be overwritten by the same setting in the following place:
In the database:
select * from propertystring where id in (select id from propertyentry where property_key='webwork.i18n.encoding');
- Correct or Remove the extra configuration in the properties files.
Update the settings in the database.
update propertystring set propertyvalue = 'UTF-8' where id in (select id from propertyentry where property_key='webwork.i18n.encoding');