Importing Users from Atlassian Bamboo
We recommend that you import your Bamboo users into an internal Crowd directory that has its 'Password Encryption' set to 'ATLASSIAN-SHA1'. Otherwise, users' passwords will not be copied across to Crowd.
To import users and groups from Atlassian Bamboo into a Crowd directory:
- Ensure that the database driver for the Confluence database is on Crowd's classpath. Copy the JDBC driver jar for your particular Confluence database across to
apache-tomcat/common/libin your Crowd installation directory.
- Restart Crowd.
- Log in to the Crowd Administration Console.
- From the top navigation bar, click Users.
- The User Browser displays.
- In the left-hand side, click Import Users.
- Select the Atlassian Importer type.
- Complete the fields as follows:
- Atlassian Product — Select 'Bamboo'.
- Directory — Select the directory that you have created for your Bamboo users.
- Import Passwords — Select this checkbox if you wish to import the users' passwords from Bamboo. You can only import passwords if the Crowd directory is using the 'Atlassian SHA1' encryption method.
- Product Database URL — Type the URL of your Bamboo instance's database. The exact syntax will depend on which database you are using. See Database Configuration in the Bamboo Installation Guide.
- Database Driver — Type the name of your Bamboo instance's database JDBC driver (e.g. for MYSQL, type
- Username — Type the username of the database user that Crowd will use to log in to your Bamboo instance's database.
- Password — Type the password of the database user Crowd will use to log in to your Bamboo instance's database.
The import process will log in to the database, not into Bamboo.
- Click Continue button to import the users from your Confluence instance into your Crowd directory.
The results screen will be displayed, showing how many users and groups have been imported into your Crowd directory.
Click the 'Users' button to view and manage the imported users and groups via the Crowd Administration Console (assuming the directory's permissions allow this).
Screenshot: 'Import Bamboo Users'