Directories contain authentication and authorization information about users, groups and roles. Crowd supports an unlimited number of directories. Administrators can use different directories to create silos of users. For example, you might store your customers in one directory and your employees in another.
Crowd supports the following types of directory:
- Crowd Internal Directory
Internal directories use the Crowd database to store user, group and role information. Internal directories are stored in Crowd's database server.
- Delegated Authentication Directory
A Delegated Authentication directory combines the features of an internal Crowd directory with delegated LDAP authentication. This means that you can have your users authenticated via an external LDAP directory while managing the users and groups in Crowd. You can use Crowd's flexible and simple group management when the LDAP groups do not suit your requirements. Alternatively, you can have Crowd import users' group memberships from LDAP each time they authenticate.
- LDAP Directory Connector
- Remote Crowd Directory Connector
Remote Crowd directories allow Crowd to Crowd connections. In other words, one Crowd server can obtain users and groups from another Crowd server.
- Custom Directory Connector
Custom directory connectors allow developers to connect Crowd to custom user-stores, such as existing databases or legacy systems.
You can add as many directories of each type as you need.
To add a directory,
- Crowd Administration Console にログインします。
- In the top navigation bar, click Directories.
- Click Add Directory.
This will display the Select Directory Type screen (screenshot below).
- Select the type of directory you want to add:
- 'Internal' — see Configuring an Internal Directory
- 'Delegated Authentication' — see Configuring a Delegated Authentication Directory
- 'Connector' — see Configuring an LDAP Directory Connector (e.g. Microsoft Active Directory)
- 'Remote Crowd' — see Configuring a Remote Crowd Directory
- 'Custom' — see Configuring a Custom Directory Connector
Once a directory has been configured, you will need to specify permissions for its users. You can then map the directory to appropriate applications.
Screenshot: 'Select Directory Type'
最終更新日: 2019 年 2 月 25 日
Powered by Confluence and Scroll Viewport.