Loading Example Site During Installation Throws NullPointerException
Attempting to load the Example Site during installation of Confluence 3.1.1 will throw either:
- the message "An error has occurred during setup"
- a NullPointerException.
Clicking "Continue" or refreshing your browser will bring you back to the "Load Content" page.
This is caused by a bug in Confluence. See CONF-18381.
- Click "Example Site" in "Load Content" page
- Click "Continue" on error page
- Click "Empty Site"
- Proceed through the setup and when it's successfully finished the Example Site will exist despite the earlier error.
I'm still having problems...
Some users have reported the Example Site not appearing, or their dashboard macros not rendering properly. If this happens to you:
- For missing Example Site, try rebuilding your index via
Confluence Admin >> Content Indexing.
- For broken dashboard macros, try restarting your application server.
Upgrade to 3.1.2 or later.