How to change the Application Navigator name for an application
Once you create an application link to JIRA, an entry in the Application Navigator page and dropdown will be automatically created for you. This allows you to easily navigate from one application to another through the Application Navigator dropdown in the top left corner of the top navigation bar.
At times, you might want to change the name of the application that appears in the Application Navigator for various reasons. Editing the application link to change the application name will not work.
This is a quick, instant and easy workaround to rename the application name in the Application Navigator dropdown. Follow the steps below:
- Login to Confluence as an admin.
- Navigate to
Confluence Administration > General Configuration > Application Navigator.
- Hover over the incorrect/unwanted Application Navigator name's "Hide" value column, which should say "Click to Edit".
- Click on the "Click to Edit" message.
- Tick the checkbox "Hide".
- Click on "Update". The link will now be marked as "Hidden". You can verify this by refreshing the page – the link won't be at the top of the page anymore.
- Create a new entry in the Application Navigator page with the name and URL that you want. Click on "Add" once you've added the required information.
- Refresh the page.
Result: You should be able to see the link in the Application Navigator dropdown as the correct name. This leaves 2 separate entries in the Application Navigator page in the Confluence Administration Console. However, you can easily edit the newly added application navigator entry or remove it instantly.
This is a more solid and accurate approach to change the name of the application in the Application Navigator dropdown. It requires access to the external application. Follow the steps below:
- Login to JIRA as an admin.
- Navigate to
JIRA Administration > Systemand click on "Edit Settings".
- Change the 'Application Title' to reflect the application name you want to be displayed in the Application Navigator.
- Wait for about 5 to 10 minutes for the change to be reflected in Confluence.
Result: You should be able to see the link in the Application Navigator dropdown as the correct name. Only one entry will be visible in the Application Navigator page in the Confluence Administration Console.