Clover-for-Eclipse Upgrade Guide
1. Upgrade Clover-for-Eclipse version
Click "Help -> Check for updates" and select "Clover" and "Clover Ant Support" features. Follow the wizard instructions.
2. Update license key (optional)
Installing new license key is necessary when you're installing a Clover version released after end of support date of your current license. Open the "Window -> Preferences -> Clover -> License" and paste a new key.
3. Rebuild workspace (optional)
Clover's database format may change in newer versions. In such case you'll get a build error with a message informing about database incompatibility. In such case you have to delete old database files - rebuild your workspace and answer "Yes" on a question "You are doing a rebuild, do you want to delete the old coverage data for project ... ?".
Upgrading from specific releases
Please see the Clover Release Notes and the Clover-for-Eclipse Changelog for version-specific upgrade instructions.
Upgrading from Clover 3.3 to Clover 4.0
In order to upgrade from Clover 3.3 to Clover 4.0 you have to:
- disable Clover on your projects ("Package Explorer -> context menu -> Clover -> Enable/Disable on...") - this is necessary to remove "Clover Pre-Java Builder" and "Clover Post-Java Builder",
- uninstall previous version of Clover and next install the Clover-for-Eclipse 4.x (un-installation is necessary because Clover's features and plugins have been renamed from com.cenqua.*** to com.atlassian.***),
- enable Clover on your projects.