Security Advisory - 2019-10-11 - Changes to how apps are installed by URL in Bitbucket Cloud
We're changing how to install Bitbucket Cloud apps using the URL of an app descriptor from an unknown source. Going forward, to install apps from unknown sources you will need to enable development mode in your Bitbucket settings.
To install apps by URL:
- Enable development mode.
- Go to Bitbucket settings > Installed apps.
- Check Enable development mode.
- Click Install app from URL.
- Paste the URL of the app descritor, click Install.
Who is impacted by this change?
- Bitbucket Cloud app vendors who currently install the apps by URL, usually while testing an app they maintain.
- Bitbucket Cloud users with custom or private apps that are not from the Bitbucket Marketplace.