This page describes how to install, set up, and start using Bamboo.
If you're upgrading Bamboo, read the Bamboo upgrade guide instead of this page.
For production installs we recommend that you read Bamboo best practice - system requirements.
Atlassian Bamboo is a continuous integration (CI) and deployment server. Bamboo assists software development teams by providing:
- updates on successful and failed builds.
Please see the following pages for information about getting started with Bamboo:
- Understanding the Bamboo CI Server - a conceptual overview of using Bamboo for continuous integration (CI).
1. Install and start Bamboo
See one of:
Once it's started, you can access Bamboo in your browser at
2. Set up notifications
Bamboo can send build result notifications using:
- Email - see Configuring Bamboo to send SMTP Email
- Other services - see Notifications
3. Get building with Bamboo
Bamboo has the concept of a 'plan' to look after the configuration for a build. So, to run your first build, you create and run a plan:
- Getting started with Java and Bamboo - a guide to setting up a simple CI workflow for Java code.
- Getting started with .NET and Bamboo - a guide to setting up a simple CI workflow on Windows.