Importing data from backup
The instructions on this page describe how to import data from a Bamboo backup.
- Bamboo will be unavailable until the import process is complete, which may take some time.
- The import process will delete your Bamboo installation and restore data from a previous export of Bamboo. This includes login data, so you will need to know an administration login in the Bamboo data to be imported.
- If you created your backup file using Bamboo 3.2 or later, importing the file will restore your user management settings. If you created your backup file using Bamboo 3.1 or earlier, importing the file will default your user management settings to 'Local users and groups' (i.e. user/group management in Bamboo). You may need to change your settings after the import.
- If you manage users externally (using LDAP or Crowd) and the Bamboo internal user repository (in the backup file) contains user names that duplicate user names in the external repository, you will not be able to import from the backup file.
- Backup Directory Path: Bamboo restricts the editing of certain file path settings for security reasons (see Bamboo Security Advisory 2010-05-04). If you must configure Bamboo to permit modification to its file path settings, start Bamboo with the system property
bamboo.paths.set.allowed=true. The procedure for configuring a Bamboo system property is described on Starting Bamboo.
Once you have configured your file path setting, we recommend removing or disabling the
bamboo.paths.set.allowedsystem property and restarting Bamboo. If your Bamboo instance is accessible to anyone outside your organization, then this will minimize the risk of Bamboo being compromised by security-related attacks.
To import data from backup:
Click the icon in the Bamboo header and choose Overview.
- Click Import in the left navigation column (under 'System').
Complete the following settings:
The absolute path to the data file that Bamboo should import. For example, "/opt/bamboo/bamboo-home/export.zip" on UNIX-based operating systems.
Highly recommended. Bamboo will not import data unless it is able to successfully export data first.
Backup Directory Path
This can be configured – see the note above.
The file to which Bamboo will export its data.
Clear artifact directory
Delete all existing build artifacts before the import.
Apply imported data without server shutdown
Not recommended in a production environment.
- Click Import.
- After the import is complete,
- check the paths of your builders and JDK.
- index your data.