Managing your assets with Insight
Insight lets you manage your assets and configuration items in Jira Service Management, and interact with them through requests. It’s a database of objects – digital representations of your assets, ranging from hardware and software to employees or various configuration items. You can make your objects whatever you need them to be, and have them displayed in and be affected by issues in Jira.
- Object types: List of object types grouping your assets, organized into a clear tree structure.
- Objects: Your actual assets or configurations items, with all details added through attributes. From simple names to type-specific items, like serial numbers, models, and pretty much anything you need.
- Object actions: You can keep your physical assets in check by printing labels and QR codes, view their dependencies with other objects, and see which Jira issues they're on.
Working together with your Jira issues
Your assets can be displayed on Jira issues so everyone involved has enough context to get the work done fast. Through Insight automation, you can also affect these objects when a related issues transitions through a workflow, changing its statuses from Running to Stopped, and having the broken parts (your other objects) decommissioned and removed from Insight.
- Affected objects: A broken server will pull down services that rely on it, and the Insight automation will update them for you.
- Replacing affected objects: Your support team will replace faulty components and check your Insight database for available replacements.
- Team: Right, that's your support team.
Here's list of pages to get you started: