Grouping by sprints
When you group issues by sprints, the issues will be grouped and displayed into sprint-specific swimlanes in the plan. You can expand a sprint swimlane to view the issues in the sprint.
If you've associated the teams in your plan to corresponding issue sources, you can also choose to show the overall capacity for each corresponding sprint in the timeline. This can help you visualize how team-specific work is distributed across multiple sprints.
- One of the sprints associated to one of the teams in the plan. Note that all sprints will display the team that they're associated with. If there are completed sprints in the plan, they will be grouped at the top of the scope section. The active sprint will be displayed after the completed sprints group.
- The sprints that are assigned to the issues. For parent issues, as long as a child issue is assigned to a sprint, that sprint value will be rolled up to its parent. The parent issue will then be displayed in the corresponding sprint swimlane. In the example, IOS-1 is assigned to 2 sprints, Wallaby and Koala. IOS-1 will be displayed in both sprint swimlanes.
- The capacity of that particular sprint, which you can display in the plan by showing the capacity on the timeline. In the example, the sprint is at full capacity at 30 story points.
- Any other sprints associated to any of the teams in the plan will be displayed in corresponding swimlanes. Any issues that have no sprint assignment will be grouped in the Unassigned swimlane.
- If a sprint is shared by multiple teams, each team would get its own sprint swimlane. In this case, the capacity for the sprint will only be for that specific team, and will not be a combination of all teams sharing the sprint.
- An issue that hasn't been completed yet, and is consequently assigned to multiple sprints, will appear in all the corresponding sprint swimlanes. This also applies in the case where one of the sprints that the issue has been assigned to is already completed.
- Creating an issue in a sprint swimlane will automatically assign the issue to that specific sprint.
To group issues by sprints:
- In the roadmap view of the plan, click View settings.
- From the 'Group by' menu, choose Sprint. The issues in the plan will be grouped into sprint-specific swimlanes, with the sprint groupings sorted chronologically by start date.
- To display the capacity for each sprint, click the Show capacity on timeline checkbox.