Coloring by labels
Before you begin, note that the labels should already be existing in your Jira instance. See Editing and collaborating on issues to know how to create and use labels in your Jira issues.
To set colors for a label in a plan:
- In the roadmap view of the plan, click View settings.
- From the 'Color by' menu, choose Label. The options for label colors will be displayed.
- Click + Add color. A color palette will be displayed.
- Choose a color.
- Click the 'Choose label' menu to display the available labels in your Jira instance.
- Choose a label for the color.
Managing labels and colors
You can manage the labels and colors being used in your plan, to help your audience visually assimilate the data in your plan at a glance.
For example, you have the following view settings configured for your plan:
With these view settings configured, you can do any of the following as needed:
|Assign multiple labels to a color||
In the example above, the UX and platform labels are assigned to the same color blue. Issues having any of these labels will then be in the color blue.
|Remove a label from a color||
|Reset the labels assigned to colors||
Over time, you may find yourself needing to reset and start configuring the colors and labels in your plan from scratch. To do this, click Clear all colors.
Notes when coloring by labels
Sample issues colored by labels
In the example above...
- The gray color is reserved for all other issues that are not using any labels. This means that since TIS-134 does not have any labels, then its schedule bar will be colored gray.
- Issues that have multiple labels will also be displayed in multiple colors, i.e. the initiative TIS-116 in the example above.