Rolling values up to parent issues
For parent issues, you can choose to display a preview of the rolled-up values of the child issues in several fields in a plan. The rolled-up values will appear with a roll-up arrow icon beside them. Note that the rolled-up values are just a preview, and you can still change these values if needed.
You can roll up the following values: estimates, teams, sprints, and releases.
Sample plan with team values being rolled up, from child issues to parent issues
To enable roll-up values in a plan:
- In your plan, click the View settings drop-down.
- Select the Show rolled-up values in fields checkbox.
Rolling up estimates in a plan
When issue estimates are rolled up from child issues to parent issues, note the following:
- Rolled-up estimate values are rounded up to only one decimal place for story points, and two decimal places for hours and days.
- The rolled-up value of a parent issue will display 0 if work has been logged for its estimated child issues, and there's 0 time remaining for the child issues.
- If a child issue hasn't been estimated, its estimate field will remain blank. Since there's no estimate value, this won't have any impact on estimate roll-up on its parent issue.