At any given time, you may need to edit certain details of a team. Whether it's a private team or a shared team, you can edit the following details:
- team name
- team members
- associated issue source
- sprint velocity and sprint length (for Scrum teams using story point estimates)
- weekly capacity and iteration length (for Scrum teams using time-based estimates)
- weekly capacity (for Kanban teams)
- team type (only if all teams in the plan use time-based estimates)
To edit a team:
- In your plan, navigate to the teams view. The teams view will be displayed.
- Click more ( ) for the team you're editing > Edit. The 'Edit team' dialog will display.
- Modify the details of the team, then click Save.
- Save the changes by doing the following:
You need the Portfolio for Jira user permission to save changes in Jira.
- Click Review changes. The 'Review changes' dialog will display, with all changes selected by default.
- Make sure the checkboxes for the team changes are selected, then click Save selected changes in Jira.
- You can't convert a Scrum team to a Kanban team if your plan is using story points for estimation.
- The team type (Scrum or Kanban) will have an impact on how capacity is handled and managed in a plan. See Managing capacity to know more.
- You can also add members to and remove members from shared teams in the 'Shared teams and people' window. See Managing shared teams for more details.