This page discusses the usage of Portfolio for Jira live plans (any version from 2.0 to 2.27). If you're using the redesigned planning interface, see this page instead.
You can use the dependencies report to see the dependencies (both scheduled and unscheduled) that the work items in your plan may have. This is handy in mitigating any possible project delays, as well as facilitating risk management processes efficiently.
When it comes to dependencies in Portfolio for Jira, an issue that has a dependent issue is considered the required work item.
For example, let's say:
- you have these issues: CPU-309 and CPU-310,
- and CPU-310 is needed by CPU-309
In this example, work for CPU-309 won't start until work for CPU-310 is completed. So, CPU-310 is the required work item, while CPU-309 is the dependent work item.
Keeping the concept of required and dependent work items in mind, the dependencies report contains the following information:
This includes the following for both required and dependent work items:
|ステータス||The status of both required and dependent work items|
|Scheduled end date||The scheduled end date of the required work item|
|Scheduled start date||The scheduled start date of the dependent work item|
- The Dependency column in the report shows the relationship between dependent work items and required work items, indicating that the required work item blocks the dependent work item.
- If a required work item has two (2) dependent work items, each dependent work item appears in its own individual row.
To view the dependencies report of a plan:
- Go to your plan via Portfolio (in header) > View Portfolio > click your plan.
- Click Reports to go to the reports view.
- Click the switch report menu > Dependencies.
- You can filter the details of the dependencies report by projects, releases, teams, status, completion date, scheduled range, and themes.
- You can also sort the details by:
- required work items — issue key, scheduled end date, and status
- dependent work items — issue key, scheduled start date, and status