Configuring program permissions
The permissions in Portfolio for Jira take precedence over the permissions in your Jira application.
By default, all Portfolio for Jira users in your Jira application instance can view and edit a newly created program. However, as soon as view permissions (Portfolio for Jira viewer) or edit permissions (Portfolio for Jira user) for that program are assigned to any user, the program then becomes restricted to that specific user.
- If you don't have view permissions for a program, you won't be able to see that program in Portfolio for Jira.
- To add a plan to a program, you must have view permissions for that plan.
- If you can view a program, but you don't have view permissions for a plan, you won't see the plan or any issues from that plan in Portfolio for Jira.
The following table lists how user permissions work when you're performing specific actions involving plans and programs.
Actions when configuring a program (at the program level)
|Plan permission||Program permission||Add plan to program||View plan in program||Remove plan from program|
Note that Portfolio for Jira administrators are able to grant themselves the View and Edit permissions for plans and programs.
To configure program permissions:
- Go to your plan via Portfolio (in header) > View Portfolio > click your program.
- Click more () next to the program name > Configure > Permissions.
- In the 'Editors' section, click Add, and select the user or group that you want to have the 'Editors' permission for.
Note that you can only select users or groups that have the global Portfolio for Jira user permission.
- In the 'Viewers' section, click Add, and select the user or group that you want to have the 'Viewers' permission for.
Note that you can only select users or groups that have the global Portfolio for Jira viewer permission.
To remove program permissions from a user or group, in the corresponding section, click the X icon beside the user or group.