Creating and deleting plans
A plan holds all of your data for creating your roadmaps. The maximum number of issues that you can load into your plan is 5000, but once you've created your plan, there is a hierarchy limit of of 2000 — this is the maximum number of issues that Portfolio for JIRA can render at any given time.
- In your JIRA application, go to Portfolio (in header) > Create. The 'Create' page will be displayed.
- Select Create a plan, then click Create plan.
- Enter a name for your plan, and choose one of the plan privacy options:
- No restrictions – every Portfolio for JIRA user will be able to access the plan
- Private – only the creator of the plan has view and edit permissions
Note that if you select private, only you will be able to see or access the plan. The plan will not be viewable by any other users, including JIRA administrators and system administrators.
Connect to the work of your teams
Select the sources that you'll be connecting to your new plan. We recommend that you use boards as your issue source, as when boards are chosen, and it's a Scrum board, then Portfolio for JIRA can use the velocity of the past few sprints to pre-fill the Team Velocity box. The team velocity box, in particular, assists in ensuring realistic calculation of the work.
Sources 説明 ボード
A board displays issues from one or more projects, giving you a flexible way of viewing, managing and reporting on work in progress. There are two types of boards in JIRA Software:
A JIRA project is a collection of issues that is defined according to your organization's requirements. For example, it could be a software development project, a marketing campaign or a website enhancement request system.
Your board's filter is a JIRA issue filter (a JQL query) that specifies which issues are included on your board. For example, your board may include issues from multiple projects, or from only one project, or from a particular component of a project. Only the administrator of a board or a person with the 'Portfolio for JIRA Administrators' global permission can configure a board's filter.
Select your estimation method.
If all of your issue sources are boards using story points, the estimation method is automatically set to story points.
- 次へ をクリックします。
Select relevant releases
Select the releases that you want to work with and click Next.
Define your teams
You can accept the suggested teams, or you can customize them by following these steps:
- Choose the agile method for the team:
- Scrum — if your team is working in fixed iterations
- Kanban — if your team is working in a continuous flow
- Select the weekly capacity of your team.
- [Next] をクリックします。
Note that you can delete a team by clicking more () > Delete.
Confirm the scope
You can refine the list of issues to be included in your plan. To remove any issues you don't want to include in your plan, clear the checkboxes for these issues, and click Next.
Renaming a plan
Click the name of the plan name and enter a new name for it.
Deleting a plan
- Go to your plan via Portfolio (in header) > View Portfolio > click your plan.
Click more () next to the plan name > Delete.