This page refers to Portfolio classic plans. If you are currently running Portfolio 2.0, please check this link to access the latest page version.
The backlog is the global "to do-list" for the upcoming releases. A backlog is usually composed of three key hierarchical pieces:
- Initiatives - Higher-level business priorities or big projects potentially spanning multiple teams.
- Epics - Once the higher level priorities are settled, the initiatives break down into large pieces of work, which consist of multiple stories.
- Stories - User stories capture functionality requirements.
Initiative: World-class product experience
Epic: An awesome front end
Story: Server exploration and prototyping
Learn everything related to the backlog configuration in the following sections:
- Adding and editing initiatives, epics and stories
- Estimating and managing time budgets
- Releases, teams and member assignments
- Searching and filtering in the backlog
- Creating and linking issues
- Publish updates to linked projects
- Bulk import from text files and spreadsheets
- Configuring and filtering the backlog
- Importing existing issues to the backlog