Managing Portfolio dependencies
You can configure Portfolio for JIRA to use issue links in your JIRA application to define scheduling dependencies.
To define dependencies:
- Ensure that you have issue links between dependent issues in JIRA.
Go to Portfolio (in header) > Administration > Portfolio Dependencies.
- Add the issue link types that you need.
- If necessary, click Swap to set the correct dependency orders.
- Portfolio for JIRA's schedule will now consider the issue links as scheduling dependencies.
- Select Save changes.
If issue A is "blocked by" issue B in your JIRA application, this means you want Portfolio for JIRA to always schedule issue B before issue A.
- Go to Portfolio > Administration > Portfolio Dependencies and add the "blocks" link type.
- If necessary, click Swap to ensure ordering reads "If A blocks B then A is scheduled before B".
In your plan, click Recalculate.
In Portfolio for JIRA, the block dependency is set by default.