Scheduling unestimated items based on target dates
Before you begin, make sure the feature is turned on by going to > Scheduling > Unestimated item scheduling.
- Select Base on target dates and click Calculate.
If you turn this feature off, unestimated items won't show up in the timeline.
Unestimated issues don't actually get scheduled but Portfolio shows them in the schedule based on the manual release and sprint assignments available. The visibility of unestimated items is limited to the information provided and comes with the following restrictions:
- The length of the unestimated items come either from the release or the sprint duration. If you have both set, the sprint length
takes priority over the release duration.
- The Schedule range filter will filter unestimated items out and you won't be able to see them.
- Even if you have a fix release assignment, the item won't show up if the release doesn't have a duration or fixed end date.
|Properties set on issue
||Issue shows up in schedule|
You have an epic with several children and none of them has an estimate.
- Assign them to a release that has a fixed end date.
- If you now select Calculate, the issues will be shown in the timeline as unestimated issues having the duration of the release.
Unestimated issues only show up as unestimated if neither the children nor the issue itself has an actual estimate.