Creating and deleting issues
You can create and delete issues directly in your plan in Portfolio for JIRA — no need to go to your JIRA instance to do these.
To create an issue:
Go to your plan via Portfolio (in header) > View Portfolio > click your plan.
Click the Scope tab to display the scope table.
- Click + Create ... located at the bottom at the scope view.
You can also click between two work items to create a new one.
- Create a child item by hovering your mouse over the desired item and clicking the plus icon .
- Once you've created a child item, you can keep adding child items by hovering the mouse between the parent and the child item, clicking the green bar and filling in the fields.
- Choose the working item type and add the name, release, story points, and team.
- Click Calculate to refresh the scheduling since the changes won't be automatically recalculated and added to the schedule.
- Once you've created a new work item in Portfolio for JIRA, you can commit the changes back to your JIRA application.
You can exclude issues from your plan by checking the issue box and clicking Exclude from plan.
How to configure initiatives
Learn how to configure initiatives here.