You can convert a private team to a shared team at any given time. Once the team becomes a shared one, you can then assign it to issues across multiple plans. This is helpful when you already have an existing team assigned to a plan, and you want to assign the same team to another plan.
Note that once a team becomes a shared team, you cannot convert it back to a private team. This is because a shared team may already be used in multiple plans, and can even be assigned work across these plans.
To convert a private team to a shared team:
- In your plan, navigate to the teams view. The teams view will be displayed.
- Click more () for the team you're sharing > Share.
- Click Share, to confirm the conversion for the team.
- As long as the team field is displaying in Jira issues, you can assign a team directly in the Jira issue itself.
- If you're currently using the team field in Jira, the assigned team will be displayed in the Jira issue itself.