Setting up the new experience
Starting with Portfolio for Jira Server 2.20, the new planning experience is already enabled as an early access feature in your Jira instance. With the early access feature already enabled in Jira, you'll only need to enable the new experience in each plan, to start using the new functionality. Note that a plan will not get the new interface until the new experience is enabled in the plan itself. This applies to both existing plans and newly created plans.
If you prefer to use the previous layout, you can disable the new experience in a plan. You can also choose to disable the new experience as an early access feature from your Jira instance, if you prefer not to use the new experience in any of your plans.
Other things to note:
- You must use the latest version of Portfolio for Jira, which is currently version 2.21.
- We highly recommend you use Chrome or Firefox as your browser. You can also use Internet Explorer 11 and Safari — we've fixed some issues specific to these browsers in the latest version.
While we've released heaps of features and improvements, we understand that you may need some features that are not available yet. If this is the case, you may need to opt out of the new experience while we're building more functionality. See Future releases and limitations for the current limitations.
We'll announce new features and improvements as we roll them out in future releases. Check out our release notes for updates.
Enabling the new experience in a plan
As a Portfolio for Jira user, you'll need to enable the new experience in your individual plans. Even if this is already enabled in your Jira instance, your plan will not get the new interface until this is enabled in the plan itself.
To enable the new experience in each plan:
- Go to your plan via Portfolio (in header) > View Portfolio > click your plan.
- Click more ( ) > Try the new planning experience. The plan configuration page will display.
- Click New experience.
- Click Enable new experience to switch on the new interface for your plan.
To stop using the new experience in a plan, from the plan configuration page, click New experience > Disable new experience.