To configure the settings of a plan, you need to have the Portfolio for Jira user permission. See Permissions in Portfolio for Jira to know more about plan permissions.
Portfolio for Jira has several settings that you can configure for your plans, so you can plan work better for your team.
Sample estimation settings
Note that we're still iterating on how settings are configured in the new experience. At this time, you can configure the following settings:
Choose how you want to estimate the issues in your plan:
- Story points (only available when the issue source is a Scrum board)
You can modify the issue sources of your plan at any time. Note that changing issue sources will affect your the scope, releases, and teams in your plan.
In your plan, click settings () > Configure > Issue sources.
Click Edit issue sources. This will display the 'Create plan' wizard.
Select your issue sources from existing boards, projects, and filters, and then click Next.
Select the releases to include in your plan, and then click Next.
Select the issues to include as the scope of your plan, and then click Done.
In the new experience, only single-line text custom fields are currently supported. Even though you can view all the custom fields that are available in your Jira instance, you can only add single-line text custom fields from Jira to your plan.
As long as a supported custom field is already configured in Jira, you can view and add this custom field from Jira to your plan in the new experience. See Adding a custom field and Configuring a custom field to know more about managing custom fields in Jira.
To add a custom field to a plan:
- In your plan, click settings () > Configure > Custom fields. The Custom fields page will display the fields that are already added to your plan, or will prompt you to add a custom field if no fields have been added yet.
- [カスタム フィールドの追加] を選択します。
- Find and select the checkbox for the custom field that you want to add to your plan. You can choose to add multiple custom fields as well.
- Click Add field. The field will be added to the list in the Custom fields page.
You can also remove a custom field from your plan. In the Custom fields page, click the delete icon next to the custom field.
As a Portfolio for Jira administrator, you can choose the users who can make changes in a plan, and the users who can only view a plan.
Sample plan permissions
To manage plan permissions:
- In your plan, click settings ( ) > Configure > Permissions.
- From the Edit drop-down, choose the users who can make changes in the plan.
- From the View drop-down, choose the users who can only view the plan.