Setting up the new experience
- You must use the latest version of Portfolio for Jira, which is currently version 2.19.
- We highly recommend you use Chrome or Firefox as your browser. You can also use Internet Explorer 11 and Safari — we've fixed some issues specific to these browsers in the latest version.
While we've released heaps of features and improvements, we understand that you may need some features that are not available yet. If this is the case, you may need to opt out of the new experience while we're building more functionality. See Future releases and limitations for the current limitations.
We'll announce new features and improvements as we roll them out in future releases. Check out our release notes for updates.
Installing the new experience
To start using the new experience, the following steps need to happen:
(performed by Jira administrators)
(performed by Portfolio for Jira users)
Step 1: Enable the new experience in Jira
A user with the Jira administrators global permission will first need to enable the new experience as an early access feature in your Jira instance.
- By enabling the new experience, the new interface will be available to use for anyone who has access to your Jira instance, However, this interface will have to be switched on for each plan in which you want to use it.
- Enabling the new experience does not affect any data you already have in your existing plans, and in your Jira instance. The only pertinent change here will be your plan data being displayed in a more intuitive layout.
- Similarly, disabling the new experience does not impact any data in your plans, and in your Jira instance.
- You can safely enable and disable the new experience during the iterative phases, if needed.
To enable the new experience in your Jira instance:
- Log in as a use with the 'Jira administrators' global permissions.
Go to Portfolio (in header) > Administration > Portfolio early access features.
- Select the New planning experience checkbox.
To disable the new experience in your Jira instance, clear the New planning experience checkbox.
Step 2: Enable the new experience in each plan
As a Portfolio for Jira user, you'll need to enable the new experience in your individual plans. Even if this is already enabled in your Jira instance, your plan will not get the new interface until this is enabled in the plan itself.
To enable the new experience in each plan:
- Go to your plan via Portfolio (in header) > View Portfolio > click your plan.
- Click more ( ) > Try the new planning experience. The plan configuration page will display.
- Click New experience.
- Click Enable new experience to switch on the new interface for your plan.
To stop using the new experience in a plan, from the plan configuration page, click New experience > Disable new experience.